Monday, November 4, 2013

Easy come...

The ebb and flow of freelance bookings continues, with days being booked and released. Because I am the recordist of record on a show, I have to make sure that I can "cover" those days, bringing in someone who will do the job well enough, but not too well since I do not want to be replaced.

I was booked for most of November, December and January on a new show.  On that show they finally reached an agreement with the Director of Photography, who wants a very expensive lighting package.  That in turn had ripples thoughout the production and eventually ended up with the decision not to have someone do what I do, rather to have someone to wrangle files.

So after weeks of agonizing abouit how I was going to cover the days where I was triple booked, this weekend I had to unwind that web of bookings and release people.  I am sad about that, it is very hard for me.

I even convinced one guy to join the union to cover some days for me, I had to tell him they were off as well.  

Heading back to work today, the traffic was horrible.  But it rained last night, and outside it is a beautiful day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment